Committee members perform the vital work of the Association. Each Committee Chairman reports to the Association Board of Directors. Committee members are appointed by the Board and serve a one-year term. These volunteer leaders play a significant role in supporting the implementation of the Association’s strategic plan and in maintaining high-quality standards for all IHG hotel brands. They also work to protect and enhance every member’s ROI by being on the frontline for standards and operations development.
There’s also much to gain personally by stepping up to serve on a Committee. Volunteering for Committee participation provides the unique ability to network with IHG leadership and fellow owners to promote the ideals of the Association and develop essential leadership skills to prepare for future service to the Association, the industry and your hotel.
To be appointed to a Committee, individuals must be:
• An IHG Owners Association member in good standing
• A current IHG brand hotel owner
• Able to demonstrate strong quality scores at your Association member hotels
• Willing to participate in Association educational initiatives and events
• Prepared to commit the time to attend meetings and participate in conference calls as required. (Association Committees meet for two days approximately three times a year at various locations. Travel expenses are reimbursed based on established Association guidelines.)
• A current owner of a hotel of the brand for which you would like to participate. (For example, Holiday Inn Committee members must own a Holiday Inn hotel, etc.)
For questions about Committee membership, contact Sarah Joseph, IHG Owners Association Director of Operations at 770-604-5103 or email@example.com.