Reporting to the Global Board of Directors, Committee members perform the vital work of the Association. Volunteer leaders play a significant role in supporting the implementation of the Association’s strategic plan and in maintaining high-quality standards for all IHG hotel brands, in addition to working to protect and enhance every member’s ROI by being on the frontline for standards and operations development.
There’s also much to gain personally. Volunteering for Committee participation provides the unique ability to network with IHG leadership and fellow franchisees to promote the ideals of the Association and develop essential leadership skills to prepare for future service to the Association, the industry and your hotel.
Ready to apply?
First, review the listing of Committees below and see where your interests and expertise would have the most value. Second, make sure you qualify (read the job description here)—to be appointed to a Committee for a one-year term, you must be:
- An existing IHG franchisee
- An IHG Owners Association member in good standing; membership dues paid for all hotels owned/operated
- Able to demonstrate strong quality scores at your hotels
- Willing to participate in educational initiatives and events
- Prepared to commit the time to attend meetings and participate in conference calls as required. (Committees meet for two days approximately four times a year at various locations. Travel expenses are reimbursed based on established Association guidelines.)
- You must currently own a hotel of the brand for which you would like to participate. (Holiday Inn Committee members must own a Holiday Inn, etc.)
Third, submit your application online here indicating your areas of interest and expertise.
Application deadline is September 7, 2012. The Global Board of Directors and Committee Chairmen will then appoint applicants to available Committee positions. Selected members will be notified in November to serve a one-year term, commencing January 1, 2013.
Current 2012 Committee members will be sent a separate online application to re-apply for 2013 Committees.
Sarah Joseph, IAHI Director of Operations