Wayne West III Assumes Chairmanship of IHG Owners Association; 2020 Association Global Board of Directors Announced
January 14, 2020 (Atlanta, Georgia) - The IHG Owners Association, which represents IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) franchise hotel owners worldwide, announced that Wayne West III has assumed chairmanship of its Global Board of Directors for 2020. West is President and Partner of Newport Hospitality Group, based in Williamsburg, Va., and brings an extensive background as a hotelier and operator. With more than 40 years in the industry, he has helped hotels maximize guest loyalty and team engagement while ensuring exceptional revenue performance and profitability. He succeeds 2019 chair Kurt Furlong, Chief Revenue Officer and Partner with Genuine Hospitality, LLC.
Newport is a hotel management company that operates more than 50 select, full-service and independent hotels under various brands, primarily on the Eastern Seaboard. West joined the company in 2013 as Chief Operating Officer and quickly advanced to his current position as President. Previously, he was with Lane Hospitality (now Spire Hospitality) for 12 years, serving as Chief Operating Officer for the last three. West has also held executive positions with several other leading hospitality companies.
"I’ve been proud to serve on the IHG Owners Association Global Board for the past year as Treasurer, and I’ve enjoyed my leadership responsibilities as Vice Chair and then Chair of the Americas Regional Council (ARC),” says West. “I am very honored to now assume the role of Chair of the Association. I look forward to representing the interests of our members around the world and connecting with IHG leadership on their behalf.”
West has been an active member of the Association for many years having served as Chair of the Holiday Inn Committee and several other Association working groups, including the Strategic Planning and Standards Committees and the Holiday Inn Food & Beverage Council.
Don Berg, CEO of the IHG Owners Association, notes, “Wayne’s deep, first-hand knowledge and experience in all areas of hotel operation will certainly benefit the work of the Association on many levels. His profound hotel management acumen will provide authentic and intelligent thought leadership to our members.”
West attended East Carolina University and earned his Certified Hotel Administrator designation from the American Hotel & Lodging Association. He resides with his wife, Marianne, in a small lakeside town in North Carolina.
The IHG Owners Association is also pleased to announce its 2020 Global Board of Directors:
- Chair-Elect & Americas Member at Large: Norman Leslie, President and Founder, National Hospitality Services
- Treasurer & Americas Member at Large: Navroz Saju, President and CEO, HDG Hotels
- Secretary & Americas Member at Large: Nellie Dhanji, Vice President of Operations and Legal Counsel, Stanley Park Investments, Ltd.
- Immediate Past Chair Advisor: Kurt Furlong, Chief Revenue Officer and Partner, Genuine Hospitality, LLC
- Past Chair Council Representative: Kerry Ranson, Chief Development Officer, HP Hotels
- CEO, IHG Owners Association: Don Berg
- Europe Regional Representative: Maurice Jansen, COO, EVENT Hotels
- Middle East/Africa/Asia Regional Representative: Paul Salter, Managing Director, Salter Brothers Asset Management and CEO and Managing Director, Salter Brothers Hotel Group
- Americas Regional Representative: Mark Zipperer, President and CEO, Pride Hospitality, LLC
- Americas Member at Large: Asad Malik, President and CEO, Amerilodge Group
- Americas Member at Large: Euan McGlashan, Co-Founder and CEO, Valor Hospitality Partners
- Americas Member at Large: Perry Molubhoy, Founder, President and CEO, Atlantic Hotels
- Americas Member at Large: Juan Carlos Santos, CEO, BPO
- Americas Member at Large: Felix Seiler, COO, Holloway Lodging Corporation
- Americas Member at Large: David Wespiser, Founding Partner, Hotel Development Services, LLC
- Europe Member at Large: John Stuart, COO, RBH Hospitality Management
- IHG Representative: Elie Maalouf, CEO, IHG Americas
# # #
The IHG Owners Association, originally established by Holiday Inn® founder Kemmons Wilson in 1955, was the first association of its kind in the hotel industry. The global organization currently represents the interests of more than 4,900 owners and operators of nearly 3,800 IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) properties in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean (AMER); Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa (EMEAA); and Greater China. The Association is a voice for its members and plays an integral role in communicating with IHG leadership on issues related to franchised hotel operations. The IHG family of brands includes Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent® Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN Hotels®, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites®, Atwell Suites™ and Candlewood Suites®. For additional information, visit www.owners.org.