Kurt Furlong Assumes Chairmanship of IHG Owners Association; 2019 Association Global Board of Directors Announced
JANUARY 30, 2019 (Atlanta, Georgia) The IHG Owners Association, which represents InterContinental Hotels Group® (IHG®) franchise hotel owners worldwide, announced that Kurt Furlong has assumed chairmanship of its Global Board of Directors for 2019. Kurt is Chief Revenue Officer and Partner with Genuine Hospitality, LLC and possesses expertise in hotel asset management, bottom-line enhancement, revenue generation, and revenue management. Kurt succeeds Deepesh Kholwadwala, President and CEO of Dreamcatcher Hotel Group and Sun Capital Hotels.
"I am honored to assume the role of Chair, and I look forward to working with IHG executives for a productive and successful year representing the interests of IHG brand owners around the world," said Furlong.
Don Berg, CEO of the IHG Owners Association, notes that “Kurt’s financial mindset and expertise in revenue generation specifically, will prove beneficial as we execute our strategy to drive profitable growth. One of our main goals is to manage industry disrupters to ensure optimal returns to the bottom line. Kurt’s financial perspective will be a fresh, forward-thinking approach for our Association members.”
Kurt previously served as Executive Vice President and Partner – Sales & Marketing for Midas Hospitality, a portfolio of 40 hotels, and Vice President of Revenue for Lodgian, Inc, where he led strategy for a portfolio of 43, multi-brand hotels. Kurt began his career with Winegardner & Hammons Hotel Group LLC as a Holiday Inn® front desk associate and eventually went on to serve as General Manager at several of the company’s hotels. Today, with more than 30 years of industry experience, Kurt has worked in all phases of hotel and restaurant operations.
Kurt has chaired the IHG Owners Association Distribution Committee and has served as Treasury and Vice Chair of the Owners Association. Currently, he sits on the Hampton by Hilton Advisory Council and on The Ohio State University Hospitality Advisory Board. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Hospitality Management from The Ohio State University and currently resides in Alpharetta, Georgia.
The IHG Owners Association is also pleased to announce its 2019 Global Board of Directors:
- Chair: Kurt Furlong, CRO, Genuine Hospitality, LLC
- Chair Elect: Jerry Dimeo, CEO, First Carolina Management
- Treasurer & AMER Regional Representative: Wayne West III, President, NHG
- Secretary: Navroz Saju, President and CEO, HDG Hotels
- Immediate Past Chair Advisor: Deepesh Kholwadwala, President and CEO, Dreamcatcher Hotel Group and Sun Capital Hotels
- Past Chair Council Representative: Kerry Ranson, CDO, HP Hotels
- IHG Owners Association CEO: Don Berg
- AMER Board Member at Large: Peter D. Beukema, CHA, CEO and Partner, Suburban Inns
- AMER Board Member at Large: Perry Molubhoy, CEO and President, Atlantic Hotels
- AMER Board Member at Large: Manish Patel, CEO, MKP Management, Inc
- AMER Board Member at Large: Felix Seiler, COO, Holloway Lodging Corporation
- AMER Board Member at Large: Nellie Dhanji, Vice President Operations and Legal Counsel, Stanley Park Investments Ltd.
- AMER Board Member at Large: Norman Leslie, President and Founder, National Hospitality Services
- AMER Board Member at Large: Juan Carlos Santos, CEO, BPO
- EMEAA Regional Representative: John Stuart, COO, RBH Management
- EMEAA Board Member at Large: Nicola Taylor, CEO, Chardon Management Ltd.
- EMEAA Board Member at Large: Ron Barrott, CEO, ProInvest
- IHG Representative: Elie Maalouf, CEO The Americas, InterContinental Hotels Group
# # #
The IHG Owners Association, originally established by Holiday Inn® founder Kemmons Wilson in 1955, was the first association of its kind in the hotel industry. It currently represents the interests of 4,500 owners and operators of more than 3,500 InterContinental Hotels Group® (IHG®) properties in the United States, Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, the Caribbean, China, Europe, Latin America, Mexico and the Middle East. The Association is a voice for its members and plays an integral role in communicating with IHG leadership on issues related to franchised hotel operations. The IHG family of brands includes: Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™ Hotels, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Holiday Inn Resort®, avid® hotels, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®. For additional information, visit www.owners.org.